Search

Getting to Know You - a back to school resource

..a back to school resource?? At the end of the school year??

I know!! If you're like me, at the end of the year, you're trying to prep some of the most basic essentials for the beginning of the year so you don't have to worry about it later.  At my school, we have a certain amount of copies per month to use.  If you don't use them, you lose them!

So.. I go through my August folder and pull out any of the things I know I will definitely need for the start of the year.  I especially like to pull anything that isn't grade level specific just in case I get a phone call over the summer to tell me I'm switching grades!

This one is one I use year after year!
Getting to Know You
 I send these home the first week of school with the kiddos.  The kiddos get excited when I tell them, they don't have homework, but instead, their parents have homework!
Front Page
Back Page

This past year, I tried out a class instagram account where I would post pictures from our classroom activities and events.  On the back of my getting to know you page, I had parents check whether or not their child's picture could be posted to our account.  I'm not sure if I'll do an Instagram account this year.  I created 4 different versions of questions on the back for various permissions. 

The first version asks if the child's photo can be posted to the class's website and also to instagram.  It also includes a question asking if the child has access to a computer at home for class homework or projects. 

The second version does not have any of these questions at the end.

The third version asks if the child's photo can be posted to the class's website and also to instagram.

The fourth version just asks if the child has access to a computer at home for class homework or projects.

I hope you find this useful for your classroom!! 

Get your copy here: Getting to Know You

No comments

Post a Comment