Search

Shamrock Art Project for March Classroom Bulletin Board and Student Memory Book

Shamrock Art Project for Classroom Bulletin Boards and Memory Books

Shamrock Art Project for Classroom Bulletin Boards and Memory Books

I LOVE having a seasonal art project up on my bulletin boards.  They always add a festive feeling to our classroom and are such easy and simple decorations too!


I try to get my art bulletin board switched out each month but then I end up leaving something like snowmen up until the end of February! #oops #reallife Each month I do an art project that I can put into the kids' memory books for the end of the year.  I love doing this one to tie some writing in that will be fun for the kids (and their families) to look back on later!

Shamrock Art Stencil Setup for art project

Shamrock Stencil

For this project, I cut out a shamrock shape I found using Google Images from card stock (or a file folder) and then laminate it to make a stencil.  I have 4 of these ready to go so I (or a parent helper!) can do the project with just a few students at a time.  Having them laminated makes them easy to wipe down with a baby wipe or a wet paper towel between students.  I paperclip the stencil onto white paper to secure it.

Shamrock Paint Colors for Students to mix

Painting with a cotton ball for easy cleanup!

Then I put white, green, and yellow paint on a paper plate.  The kids get to "paint" with a cotton ball and they get to mix the colors up on the paper plate however they want.  Painting with a cotton ball is fun for the kids because it gives them a totally different experience than using a paintbrush - even though some still sweep it around like they would a paintbrush! AND - everyone loves an easy cleanup over cleaning paint brushes! It ends up giving some fun dimension to their shamrock that makes them "pop" more than everyone having the same green paint.

Sentence Frame Freebie!

This year I prepped the white paper onto the dark green paper and put the lighter green sentence frame on the bottom ahead of time.  Last year, I did this part after the painting part was dry. It works either way! You can get the easy printable sentence frame for free by clicking here: "I am lucky because..." sentence frame printable.

After the project is all dry and ready to go, I have students write a reason they are lucky.  I always love hearing their ideas! Things from "I am lucky because my family loves to give me hugs," to "I am lucky because I have a great teacher," or "I am lucky because my family takes me to Legoland." 

These make great pieces to put in your students' memory books at the end of the year!


Shamrock Art Project March Classroom Bulletin Board Ideas

No comments

Post a Comment